Bad Luck

So, it appears that Mitch and I have come upon some really bad luck lately. This has been one of the worst weeks yet. It all started with Mitch calling me on my way to work Monday morning to inform me he got in a car accident on his way to his first final. Luckily, it was a fairly minor accident and no one was injured. This did not help him take his final though. We should have known something bad was coming because there seems to be something about bad luck and law school finals. He has had numerous classmates have their laptops stolen or their apartments burn down just in time for finals. As if law school isn’t hard enough?

After I hung up the phone with Mitch, I arrived at work where I promptly started to get a migraine. I haven’t had one in almost a year so I was surprised and unsure as to what set it off. The bad thing is the first sign is my vision gets all messed up which means I can’t drive home. The next phase is the pain and then the vomiting. I never know how quickly it is going to progress so I have to do my best to make it home ASAP. Well, as I mentioned before Mitch had just gone to take his final so he couldn’t come get me to take me home. Luckily, my mom works next door so she took time off work to take me home and get me situated. I probably would have had her stay with me if I would have know this was going to be the worst migraine I’ve had since Junior High. Somehow I made it through the day very tired and dehydrated hoping that Tuesday would be better.

Little did I know Tuesday wasn’t going to be any better. On my way to work, it was snowing so I was trying to slowing and cautiously make it to work. I got half way there when a second migraine hit me. I spent the rest of the day in bed with a headache worrying about the big project I was supposed to be finishing at work.

Then Thursday came and I finally thought things were looking up. Then I got a call from my former employers who informed me that Mitch was never added to my health insurance after we got married even though we filled out all the forms and turned them in. The best part was the lady had the gall to laugh about it when it was her mistake. I really hate people sometimes. As a result of her mistake, Mitch cannot be on Cobra while we wait for my insurance with my new job to kick in. Thank goodness he was not hurt in the car accident on Monday. Let’s pray this gets fixed or that he has another healthy two months.

In the mean time, we will be grateful for all of our blessings, the things that are going right, for this Christmas season, but most of all, that this week is OVER!!!

0 comments: