A New Year's to Remember...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

New Year’s Eve is kinda a special day for us because it is the day we very first met. Long story short, last year I worked up the guts and called Mitchell for the first time and invited him to go to a party with and my friends in Park City. Lucky for me he is an adventurous guy so he said yes. Apparently, for him it was love at first sight but for me it was a bit different. I thought he was a nice, good-looking guy that I could potentially date until people started asking our how old we were. My jaw just about dropped to the ground when he said he was only 22 years old!!! I was under the impression he the same age as me or older, not two years younger. At the time it seemed like such a big gap, but now I have to remind myself he is two years younger. So, apparently the recipe for meeting your husband is to call a guy you’ve never met before out of the blue and invite him to a super lame party in a city 30 minutes away and then act super appalled when he says how old he is. Who knew? Lucky for me, he didn’t give up on us and he called me a week later to ask me out and the rest is history!!

So, to commemorate such a special day for us, we decided to celebrate in style. Mitchell made us reservations for a romantic dinner at Tuscany and I made us reservations to stay at the Anniversary Inn. However, I thought the whole night was ruined when that afternoon I discovered some very unsettling news at work. After crying the whole way home I didn’t think the evening could be saved. Luckily I have a very understanding and loving husband who is the opposite of me and is very good about putting things to side and enjoying the moment. He was determined to make the night special and he did a great job. It wasn’t perfect, but it was a great way to start the New Year for us. So, here is to knowing Mitchell for a year!! Happy Anniversary and we continue to make a great team!!!

2 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

WOW! I still remember when he first met you and couldn't stop talking about you:). It sounds like you guys had a VERY romantic evening planned for New Years... us on the other hand decided to hurry to bed at 11pm when Jackson fell asleep (only to be woken up 20 minutes later):).

Mark and Shauna said...

By the way, I LOVE the picture of you guys holding Jackson... for some reason we don't have any so I saved it to my computer:)!