Life never ceases to amaze me. You can be going along perfectly content, things are going great, you are feeling awesome and then WHAM - life hits. This has been the case for me recently. Summer seemed to be crawling right along like hot, sunny days often do - nothing special was happening, but I was okay with that. I was actually telling people work was boring - something I never thought I would say after experiencing my first tax season. In light of this boredom, I decided to take a much needed break and go on vacation with a friend. The vacation was fun, but not relaxing and or condusive to sleep. After spending days with my friend's nephews I learned why I do not currently (nor will I for a few years) have children. They fight literally every 5 minutes (or less), it was all I could do to not lose it (a great feat for a tired, annoyed me). As a result, I came home feeling like I needed a vacation from my vacation. But, it was back to work. It is hard enough getting back into the swing of things after a week worth of vacation, but for kicks and giggles, my bosses decided to slam me with work. Normally, I would welcome the work because I am much happier when I am busy, but this was such a jolt. The returns I was assigned are only our most important client and they came complete with a way too short deadline. The returns are not small and simple, and while I was super flattered they would trust me with such a responsibility my first year on the job, it is still an undaunting task. Stress was the only word I could think of for days. I am still currently working on the returns with the deadline only a few short days away. Stress is still the word to describe my days. Then I got moved to a completely new ward. I have recently moved so I just barely got comfortable and acquainted with ward and all the people. I love the ward and fun times were had by all. Then came the news they changed the boundaries and I am now in a whole new ward. The new ward is a culmination of high school and ward reunions - all of which came way too soon for me. I know 3/4 of the people which is not really helping me out in the friend/dating areas of life. Yet this is just another of life's many lessons. Just when you get comfortable in your life, it gets but in a blender, pulsed a few times, and slowly poured back out, usually in a new color, texture, and/or surroundings. If you are lucky, you might even get the joy of the accompaniment of a small umbrella or some ice cubes to keep you relaxed, cool, and calm amist all the caois. This is one of the many joys of being young and still moldable. Many handle it with grace an welcome the changes with open arms, but I do not do well with lots of change. I like stability and feeling like I know where I am and what I am doing on regular basis way too much to embrace change. Hence why my life is in a constant state of change. I am stubborn and it sometimes takes a little more than it should for me to learn a lesson or two.
Life Happens
12:35 PM
|
|
This entry was posted on 12:35 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment